komvni illvminasi. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Henrycus Napit Sunargo: Afterimage (2000-2010)

| | 0 comments

Photographs taken within a certain timeframe become "historical" over time, of which the order of images depends on the taste of preferences of the photographer. These photographs are typically meant to preserve the memories of places, events or people that are important.

My series of photographs is based on a simple idea. They are photographs of my family and my home. What I have tried to avoid or eliminate in these photographs are signs that can point the image to a certain time period or specific event. I prefer to show images that are abstract and ambiguous -arranged in no particular order. Sometimes, what a photograph represents is not necessarily what it shows- like when you're listening to a song and paying attention to its lyric but what is evoked within you is not always related to the lyrics.

Many things have happened in the last 10 years. I see photography as the most efficient medium to preserve these personal "memorabilia". The essence of this series is rhythmic and non-historical. The photographs are not a conclusion to a linear life, but a series of random sketches from different points of my family life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance